Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lets talk about ME! No seriously, let me tell you about Harley Quinn

So, for my first blog post; I would like to go into the life of my absolute favorite comic book character... ME: Harley Quinn!


Oh yeah, by the way, I am NOT using Google or Wikipedia! I am doing this from memory!!!
Harleen Frances Quinzel graduated medical school with a degree in psychology. In some comics she is believed to have been a cheat in school and used her looks to get the grades she wanted. Another comic suggests, she used to have a pop-psychology show. But those was more of shows, and trust me, the shows nor movies stick to the facts. The comics have the facts! I will stick with the comics. So, moving on. She graduated and went as an intern to Arkham Asylum. She was hoping to go to write a psychology book based on the lives of Gotham’s worst psychotic criminals. As an intern she met the Joker. The Joker had seduced her into falling for him, and she became Harley Quinn. She had broke the Joker out of Arkham and gave up her dream of being a famous world-renowned psychologist. She was now focused on keeping the Joker happy. All she lived for was looking for his approval, and wanting him to love her. Though she was his girlfriend, the Joker wasn’t really in love with her the way she loved him.
The picture above is a picture of Harley Quinn with the Joker when she was a psychiatrist back at Arkham Asylum.


As her life gotten involved with the Joker and assisting him to his crimes, she was now a criminal. She was though, the only criminal to legally get out of Arkham. She was the only one that had been certified sane for a little while… Until she had gotten into more trouble. Harley just wanted to be with the Joker and felt she needed to make him happy. Sometime in their relationship, the Joker had started to feel real feelings for Harley. He was actually scared of this feeling because he had never felt love and he felt weak. He really did love her but didn’t want to love so he sent her in a rocket trying to get rid of her. Harley’s best friend, Poison Ivy, had rescued her and they started working together. Ivy had also made Harley immune to her toxin. Their are some fan-fictions that Harley and Ivy had a brief romantic relationship, but as far as I know, they are NOT true. Harley and Ivy had also recruited Catwoman, (Selina Kyle) to their little crime spree. (As written in the comic series Gotham City Sirens). The Joker had eventually gotten jealous of Harley spending all her time with Ivy and hoped to win her back. Even when Joker got Harley back, he still was jealous that Ivy and Harley kept in touch. So a few times the Joker had sought to kill Ivy.
This is a cover for one of the Gotham City Sirens comics.


Ivy and Joker aren’t the only relationships Harley has had. She’s also had a secret admirer, Jack Ryder, also known as the Creeper. (Also, if my facts are correct, he is a part of the Justice League) She did not like him at all, but the Creeper refused to give up. Joker even tried to step in to protect Harley, but Creeper still wouldn’t give up and got through Joker’s defenses. I believe you only see Creeper and Harley once together (I could be wrong, if I am please let me know!), and trust me it is funny.
Here's the Creeper crushing on Harley and the Joker losing the battle.
This is a picture of Harley Quinn (center) in Batman The Animated Series with the Creeper (right) bugging her and the Joker failing to keep him away (left).
Media Appearances (that I know of):
Batman the Animated Series
The Batman
Batman The Brave and The Bold
Gotham Girls
Countless comics, (A few of my favorites are: Joker’s Asylum, Batman Hush, and Gotham City Sirens.)
Birds Of Prey
Arkham Asylum (Where she is dressed as a nurse wearing REALLY small clothing LOL)
Arkham City (MY FAVORITE HARLEY COSTUME!)
Lego Batman and Robin games
Those are to name a few
PICTURES:
Harley Quinn in the Arkham Asylum game with Jim Gordon as hostage
This is a picture of Harley Quinn (left) in the Arkham Asylum video game with Jim Gordon (right) as a hostage.

Harley Quinn in the Arkham City game...DID I MENTION I LOVE THIS COSTUME!!!!!
This is Harley Quinn from the Arkham City video game. (This is my favorite costume)

Harley Quinn in the Birds of Prey series. Played by Mia Sara.
This is Harley Quinn in the Birds of Prey series played by Mia Sara.

Harley Quinn in one of my favorite Batman series (and my fav episode) The Batman.
This is Harley Quinn in one of my favorite Batman series called The Batman (This is also my favorite episode: Two of A Kind)

Harley Quinn in Batman The Brave and The Bold. I personally don't like this series, because of the artwork.
This is Harley Quinn in Batman the Brave and the Bold (honestly, I don't like the artwork in the series) from return of Emperor Joker.

Harley Quinn in Gotham Girls. Which again, I don't like the artwork..
This is Harley Quinn (middle) in the mini-show, Gotham Girls (again, not a fan of the artwork) with Selena Kyle, Catwoman (left) and Pamela Isley, Poison Ivy (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment